Thursday, August 5, 2010

Two Husbands

- What have you told him about me? That you married me only to get a visa?
- Yes.
- And does he believe you? What does he say?
- He asked about sex. He said,
he gets sex and doesn't have to pay?
- Life's unfair. Tell him I apologize.
- You're an idiot.
- And I suppose you tell him you'll go back to him when you have your visa.
- Yes.
- And will you?
- Yes. Maybe.
- Why?
- I like the lifestyle. Every day go to gym, go shopping, go to restaurants. Every month travel to foreign countries.
- No love, no friendship, nothing learned, lying and self deception.
- That's why I left him. I kept trying to love him, but I couldn't.
- What was wrong with him, what made him so unlovable?
- He's a pervert. He's obsessed with prostitutes. He drinks all the time.
- You married the drunken perverted whoremaster.
- I was a young girl from a village in Hungary. He was a millionaire with houses all over the world.
- Now you are an older girl, married to an American, realizing your dream to become American, and still you are going back to the pervert after you have your longed for visa.
- Yes. You're not a serious man.
- Serious meaning having money.
- Yes.
- Why do you need money?
- To have a beautiful life.
- Life with me is not beautiful?
- You live in a dream world. It is beautiful but not real.
- Why isn't it real? Why is only money real?
- This is a ridiculous conversation.
- Why is only money real? You have everything you need already.
- No. I am not like you. I have ambitions.
- I have ambitions. But they are for doing things I don't need anyone's help with, don't have to compromise for. Why do you have to be ambitious for money, sell yourself for money?
- Everyone sells himself. To make an impression, get sex, get a job.
- Ask your ex-husband: I don't pay for sex. And I don't sell myself either.
- And look where you are.
- Where am I?
- Aren't you worried about the future? You're 50 years old. You have nothing.
- And you will be gone, and I will have no one and nothing.
- Right.
- I'll find something. Some way to live. I'll be alright. Probably.