Monday, December 30, 2013

Study With Me


    


He says he's figured out my problem
my problem and his problem
we're the same
that's why he's brought me here

Alright I say
know the solution too?

Our problem is
we couldn't stay home
we went away
met people taught
we fell in love with
the beauty of women
women like Sarah
of nature and wise as well
but our wandering only
led us to women
their wisdom and nature
only in our minds
we wanted both
and got neither

Either wander or marry
we have to choose
and we don't
that's our problem
we won't choose
we wander to women
and wander away

No I say
I chose to marry
did it already
before that
chose to wander
done already too

Either is good
both were good
now I have neither
to choose from
ways that worked before
don't now
a practical problem

No he says
the solution lies
not in the world
only in the book of god
follow the book
your problems will be solved

Study with me
only the book has power
you don't
you are a wanderer or
a husband, one or the other
you are not a doer

For you and me
it's the book of god
or nothing