Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Internet: Who Needs It?

The internet makes everyone a politician.

A politician is someone without integrity. Someone who looks for the easiest way of solving the problem at hand, and has no thought about life in general, except when thinking of life in general is used to solve a problem at hand. When for example religion is used are a pretext for war, when natural difference in ability is used as a justification for poverty.

This not from any mystical power of medium over message. It's just that people use the internet to meet around topics which one way or another are problems to be solved. The only time we can be sure we are meeting on the topic of life as a whole is when we meet face to face, person to person, when we stop and look at each other. And wonder what that means. And ask what next.

The only reader I am sure I have this week is the American government, looking into things, their service provider identified for me by Google Analytics. After two years my sites have a little over a hundred thousand visits, nearly all of them whim clicks sent from Twitter. How do I know? When I stop linking through Twitter traffic stops.

A whim click is a visit that looks through my words for subjects useful for solving the problem at hand, can't find anything and clicks out.

They can't find anything because everything I write is about this subject, about being whole.

Not everything, exactly. I've been writing a daily comic strip without pictures about Revolution. A subject of interest to the government. A few days ago the comic strip had the revolutionaries watch as their their web sites are taken down, then inexplicably back up again a few hours later.

A few hours after posting the installment all my Google sites - blogger, gmail, google+ - were shut down. Then inexplicably back up again a few hours later. A Google form letter offered apologies.

Was this because my 100,000 visits and no readers makes me indistiguishable from spam? Or was it a message from my only certain reader?

It's a mystery.