Saturday, October 19, 2013

Devil Worship?

(From Beverly Hills Stories)

Sensitive? Read this first: Dear Google  


- Sometimes people can be too smart.
- People like me.
- The devil doesn't want to work for us, he wants us to work for him.
- Worship him.
- Yes.
- So you still think the Jews worship the devil.
- Some of them.
- For example, your strip-club friend, the real estate speculator?
- You know him?
- Yes. A couple weeks ago I was walking on my way to Starbucks when by chance I passed his house as he was riding up on his bike. I'd already met him with our host one midnight at the market. He insisted I come to his sister's house for the Jewish festival, the feast of the tabernacles. First he had to take a shower. He showed me in, put me out on the balcony to wait. I'm telling you this, because soon I hear shouting from inside, "Police"! "Stop where you are!".
- He's a volunteer Sheriff. He does that stuff all the time.
- Then he appeared completely naked out on the balcony, said "Nice to see you're Ok", and went back to the shower.
- So he's a homosexual. I wondered about him. He pays the girls to let him rub them, but doesn't want any more.
- He's protecting his public life from private life, making sure love of truth has no chance to develop.
- I don't understand.
- Do you know how the Jews became famously good at making money?
- No.
- They gave themselves complete flexibility negotiating the dangerous waters of honesty and dishonesty in public life. They kept their private lives separate. Your friend the speculator...
- He's not my friend.
- Of course, he's no one's friend. The Beverly Hills Jew, let's call him, in the service of making money has gone further, has eradicated private life. He wants to keep a distance from girls. He wants his contact to be deniable, to himself and others, wants its meaning to be negotiable.
- I showed him the video of UC Davis students sitting quietly down on a campus square being pepper sprayed by para-military units.
- They were ordered there by the University Chancellor. I'm familiar with it.
- Do you know what David said?
- What?
- "Better nip them in the bud."
- Childhood and youth, formerly sanctified preserves of private life, used to be exempt from adult American glory in the massacre of human nature. No more.
- And you don't think that's devil worship?*

- If there was a devil he might keep me company. I have more than 10,000 social media connections, but haven't got a single email in the past week. I am the world's worst networker.
- What are you doing wrong?
- Do you know why I criticize the Jews?
- No.
- They guard the border between being in-the-network and out. They keep record of the rules of the crossing, guide the passage across the boundary. And they are not doing their job.
- I don't know what you're talking about. What border?
- We were talking about it: between public and private. The Jews are the sanctuary for the rules keeping private life safe from public life. Our world has always been the devil's creation: social life equally motivated by honesty and dishonesty, honesty of private life under threat of vanishing. In private life you share. In public life you trade. Networking is all about trades. You send messages so you can receive messages.
- You don't send messages.
- I do. They aren't answered.
- Why not?
- I can't reward for completing the trade or punish for not. I'm always a stranger across the border, and networkers don't share with strangers. Any relation to a stranger out of the network other than complete disregard depends upon private life being preserved from infection of public life. It is natural to care about any human being, but in our devil's world most people don't.
- And Jews care about people outside their network? Weren't you saying the opposite?
- They are carriers of practices that keep you capable of it.
- And they aren't practicing.
- No.
- What are the practices?
- Ways of keeping in mind that the distinctions we make in life are unimportant.
- What's important?
- Love.
- Doesn't sound like Judaism to me.
- You can blame the Jews for that.**

* We humans are the only species that organizes itself to hunt, spy on, manipulate and kill each other.
** Blame seeks to educate ritualists to adjusting the rituals they practice. Ritual practice is learned without self-consciousness, and adjustment of ritual is done by eliciting passionate, unselfconscious response. If people are open to reason, you don’t blame, you argue, you persuade. When people, because of the completeness of their ritualistism, are not capable of being reeducated by either blame or reason, you detach yourself with laughter and pity, and when you’ve had enough of that, turn your back and go elsewhere.

More: Dear Google