Sunday, July 31, 2011

Finding Things

- Your email address is SexyExoticToy? Aren't you afraid people will see you as an object?
- I'm not afraid of anything. And I'm there ahead of them. If they're going to see me that way, I'm going to profit from it. You should do the same.
- I don't know anyone who wants to buy me.
- You should sell your writing.
- I'm afraid to ask. I don't really believe it will make anyone money.
- You have got to stop being afraid. What about the memory book you told me about?
- That's a real book.
- But there's the story of your finding it. You find things, right?
- Yes.
- Everyone wants to do that, and you know how. Write that.
- I don't think anyone would like my explanation.
- Afraid again!
- You decide then: I found the memory book, I found my wife, I found good places to live because I believe if I want something it is because I have already had it sometime in the past. Otherwise I wouldn't know I wanted it, it would just be fantasy. I expect the world to be able to give me again what I once had. It's reasonable. It's a probability.
- Write that!
- But that is all I have to say on the subject.
- It can't be.
- But there isn't anything more to it. There's no secret. Simply imagining anything that sounds good to you won't get you it. It might help you stop wasting time in complaining, might get you moving, but that's all. You won't find treasure.
- Good! People want treasure, not just work for success, money, fame, power.
- Are you sure?
- Why wouldn't they?
- Treasure found is almost always lost. At least that's the way it is with me. I found the memory book. It was taken away. I got it back. It was taken away again. I got it back again, just last week, as you know. I found my wife, she threw me out, she asked me to come back, I came back, she threw me out again....
- You have to keep finding, that's what you're saying. That's all good. Who wants to stand still and rot?
- Maybe me.
- I don't believe it. Not the way you've lived. You can't stop. You just said so yourself. You have to keep finding. Tell me exactly how you go about looking for something you know you will find. You said it was something you've had before. How can that be? We don't start out with everything we want.
- We live with what we find. What we found gets better while we use it. We make things better before we lose them again.
- Why do we lose everything, according to you?
- Because we don't make the world better, only the little part of it we found and improved, and usually the world is not so arranged as to accommodate our improvements.
- Too many words. Remember you expect someone to pay you for this.
- I found my wife, lived with her, made a life with her, but surrounding that life which was really good, something I wanted and looked for and she too, was her ambition, her family, her friends, all of which were against that life together continuing.
- And then you went on, right? Found something else.
- Yes. I found the memory book in Budapest.
- Great! Go on. You'd found others books. You developed that finding.
- You listen, Sexy Exotic Toy.
- Do you want me to hit you?
- No, I am already afraid of you.
- Answer the question.
- Yes, I had found rare books. And I'd made a living for years finding old watches at second hand shops, open markets, in the unvisited storage of watchmakers in remote villages....
- You developed an eye for it.
- Yes.
- OK. If you are going to help people find what they are looking for, first you say to them, start looking in a way that can be developed. Don't just look to get rich. Look to profit from what you already have made a profit on. And do it again.
- That's not new.
- Who said it was? It doesn't have to be. People make fortunes telling others to get what they want by visualizing success. You can tell them the right way to do it. You've developed it! You can make money with it.
- Well, that's just it. I've never made money this way before, so it doesn't seem promising on my own theory....
- Listen to yourself. Your success in finding things is going to become a success in finding money. Development. Your very own word.
- OK. You win.
- You know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment