Tuesday, May 31, 2011

You're In The Wrong Place, Socrates

- Those two guys were beating up on you yesterday. I was listening.
- You thought so?
- You didn't?
- Movie producers at Starbucks? You believe them?
- Well, when the guy said the President sent Air Force 1 to pick him up and take him to dinner at the White House, that was stretching things a little.
- A little.
- You know, this Starbucks is a special place. When I came to live in Beverly Hills I was at a low point. I had to start over. I could have sat in front of the TV taking drugs. I have done that before. But there are no victims here. Their positive attitude helped me.
- Even if you cannot believe a word they say.
- In my personal life I am honest, absolutely. But I believe if you are honest in business you'll get crushed. You can't be.
- And it's all business here. The positive attitude too.
- Yes. You have to get ahead. I think you have a very negative attitude.
- Could be. Could be I am in the wrong place. But I am not completely negative. I filed three law suits in one week.
- Do you have any legal training?
- No.
- You don't stand a chance!
- Who's being negative now?
- How do you expect to win?
- I have other kinds of training.
- Like what?
- Speaking the truth, or trying to. But that's where we started, isn't it? You think being positive means placing a bet on lies, I think it means risking a bet on the truth.