Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Run, Miller!

(Part Nine, The Future, a comic book)

- What did you think?
- I don't know what to think. We could let the computers do our work for us, but...
- Computer? (Put on the headset, Miller).
- I have already run the simulation.
- I know you  have. Have I told you lately I love you?
- Don't be funny, Mr. Sachs.
- Mr. Sachs today. What were your conclusions?
- Try Mr. Miller's idea.
- Refresh my memory. What is Mr. Miller's science fiction idea?
- Drive the people into rage.
- Enrage the people. Explain.
- There is not much time.
- Why do you say that?
- They are planning to destroy us.
- Me and you and Miller?
- Our program.
- How will they try to destroy us?
- Predator missiles.
- Drone missiles?
- They are coming now.
- That is not funny, Computer.
- The nearest shelter is the safe room in the apartment building across the street, number 55. You have 32  seconds.
- You're not joking.
- 28 seconds.
- Run, Miller!